INDIVIDUAL RESEARCHWe now welcome visitors to access the books and archives in the collection in the new Arthur Conan Doyle Research and Study Room in the Central Library in Portsmouth.
If you wish to use the archive materials, you must contact us to make an appointment, explaining what you intend to research and when you would like to visit: we will then be able to confirm your visit, and whether we hold the material you are seeking.
You can contact us by
- email: Lancelyngreencollection@portsmouthcc.gov.uk
- telephone: +44 (0)23 9281 9311 (Helpdesk)
and ask for ‘Conan Doyle Archive’.
To use this section of the library, you will need to bring one of the following forms of identification:
- Portsmouth City Libraries ticket
- CARN Record Office card
- driving licence
- current student card, giving your name and the name of your institution
- armed forces ID card
- other proof of name and address, such as a gas bill